With hopefully the last snow storm behind us, I'm eager to trade in my boots for sandals and my heavy fur trimmed coat for a lightweight trench.
Spring is just so refreshing with tiny green buds forming on tree limbs and the grass slowly turning greener each day, but for me the most excitement happens inside my CLOSET! I live for the day (usually March 1st regardless of the weather) where I completely flip my closet from winter to spring attire. There's something so gratifying about packing up those chunky sweaters and having 10 X more space for all of my colorful silky tank tops and blouses! This year my goal is to obtain a few staple pieces that I can coordinate with some pre-existing separates.
I wanted to give you a run-down on my TOP 5 Spring 2015 must haves..so here they are!!
1) The Trench (affordable options from Forever 21 shown) : A perfect transition from winter to spring, from casual to dressy, the trench is one of the biggest staple items you need in your closet this spring. Ranging from short medium or long, add it over a T-shirt and jeans, or a dress and heals.
2) Edgy Sunglasses (Fendi, Balenciaga & Prada pictured) : Not saying you need to splurge on top designers like these..but mimic their unique shapes in combination with their metallic/colored lenses which are so chic and fashion forward. Ditch the aviator look all your friends are wearing and try something different :)
3) Printed bags ( Steve Madden, Rebecca Minkoff & Ted Baker shown) : Spring is a time to add pops and prints..so don't exclude your bags! If you're not too big on making a statement with jewelry or clothing, let your bag do all the talking<3
4) TASSEL JEWELRY : If it's got a tassel..its a GO for spring 2015! Wether on a bracelet, necklaces, or earrings, I saw tassels in all materials and colors all over the runway. A fun way to add color to any look, and leaning towards boho/hippie, I need me some tassels this season :)
5) Espadrilles (Tory Burch & Steve Madden shown ) : This season the espadrille is exploding all over the internet; ranging from various price points and even colors, I say they are a MUST! Wear them with jeans or even a dress..and they're SO comfy!